Friday, March 11, 2011

Latch hook rug pillows

I finished these two latch hook rugs over 10 years ago, but never made them into pillows. I found wonderful matching flannel fabric for the pillow backs and had the rug binding and pillow forms all ready to put together. They have been sitting in a bag in the garage all this time. My niece's 5th birthday is tomorrow, and she likes kitties and wants to be a cowgirl like Jessie from Toy Story. These pillows would be the perfect gift for her! I washed and ironed the fabric, soaked the rugs in sudsy water and then ironed on the rug binding. Now I just need to haul out the sewing machine so I can put them together at last! I have 24 hours until the party!
Hurray! Finally clearing out a couple of UFOs!

ADDENDUM:  I ended up hand-sewing the pillows.  She loved them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect presents for your niece!!

Blu Stitcher said...

She will love them