Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New start for WOCS - Time for Tea

World of Charity Stitching (WOCS) is making a Teapots theme quilt for a senior lady in a nursing home. I am stitching this square to be included on the quilt. I found the freebie chart on www.joannesanderson.com. We can use any fabric for our square, and this design was the perfect size for 11ct Aida in my stash.

I'm using one of my new Q-snap huggies in a pretty floral print.  It feels nicer to hold this fabric instead of the Q-snap frame by itself, and it keeps the edges of the cross stitch project safe and clean.  I just love these!

I only need 1-2 hours to finish A Paris Kiss. I Googled "A Paris Kiss" by Migdalia Arellano and saw the painting that this cross stitch is based on. It's a beautiful picture!

3 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Cute teapot. I love my huggies too. I get them from a friend of mine, Chris W. She's awesome. Quick and quality work!!

SoCal Debbie said...

That's right, Julie! I ordered a bunch of the Q-snap huggies from Christine based on your referral! Thanks!

mdgtjulie said...

I didn't see that fabby when I looked a couple of days ago. I decided, since I didn't see it, that it must have been another Debbie I referred to her. I wonder where she's hiding it...