Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Paris Kiss - finished!



Hurray, hurray! I finished it with two days to spare! I'm taking it to the framer tonight. Yippee! I'm so relieved! No more brown sepia colors for awhile. I want color!  The first pic above is from my cell phone, and the second one is from the scanner.  I also have a picture from my camera, but I have a problem with transferring the pics from the camera to the computer.

"A Paris Kiss"
Vervaco
Started 1/6/2011, Finished 8/17/2011

I bought this kit from The Stitchery catalog. It was imported from Belgium. This was my first time stitching on linen (28 ct stitched over 2) and I loved it!

It was based on this painting by Migdalia Arellano:

I'm so glad that you followed me along in my progress on this! Now my next deadline is August 31, my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. I am about one-third done with their cross stitch gift. I am also stitching squares for quilts for World of Charity Stitching. Those pretty little items cheer me up because they are quick to do and I know they will make someone happy!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Congrats on your finish.

mdgtjulie said...

Grats on the finish. It's lovely, and a great representation of the painting. Great job! Hope you meet your next deadline. Better get those needles smoking!!

natalysneedle said...

A lovely finish!

gracie said...

Wonderful finish....

Sandie said...

Congrats on the finish it looks realy good.

Jennifer Wright said...

gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Goodness! You finished it already!! You just blew through it! Looks beautiful!!

Peggy said...

This is beautiful - I know your daughter will love it.