Tuesday, September 27, 2011

TUSAL #10 and two updates!

It's time for a new update on my ORT jar! You can see some shimmery threads from the Fairies. I have so many projects planned for next year that I think I'll need a bigger jar for the 2012 TUSAL!

The is the Plymouth Rock Chickens light switch cover that I am making for my mom. The little square in the chicken is where one of the screws goes to attach the light switch cover to the wall. This is a straggler from the Crazy January Challenge. I'm using a new hoop that came in a box of stash goodies on eBay. Thanks to Sarah Beth for explaining to me how to use it! (It has a metal ring in back with handles that you squeeze together, and a red plastic/rubber ring in front.)

My next update is the Violets Teacup, a freebie from Vermillion Stitchery. It has 7 different shades of purple and lots of quarter-stitches, so I'm going very slowly on this one and changing threads a lot! Now I wish I had started it on 28ct linen and stitched over 2, so the quarter-stitches wouldn't be so difficult. This will be for my grandma, but I don't want to wait until her birthday in December to give it to her. Hopefully we will visit her next month.

Has everyone joined the Crazy January Challenge for 2012 yet? Minna and Niina started a Crazy January 2012 Yahoo group, and now I hear they have an Ultimate CJC, where you start 31 projects, one for each day in January! Wow!

3 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Debbie,

Oooh, thanks for reminding me about posting about my TUSAL jar - I am not doing very well with my own posting this week - I am trying to read and comment on lots of blogs this week plus get some stitching (and work, of course) done!

Love your two stitcheries and thanks for the link to the Crazy Jan group - I will have to check it out. Oh, better go, I have a kitten miaowing forlornly at the shut door of my study!
Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Meari said...

Whoa, no... I'm not participating in the crazy challenge, lol. I have a hard enuf time finding time to stitch as it is without starting so many projects in one month.

If I find out in time, I'll joint the TUSAL though. I missed out this year.

Your stitching looks great. I bet the teacup is going to be pretty when it's finished.

Unknown said...

I love the colors in the Plymouth Rock Chicken. And the teacup is going to be beautiful. I am not sure about the Challenge, although I have plenty in my stash to try it....