Monday, October 31, 2011

Lamplight Bridge - update #3

Thomas Kinkade's Lamplight Bridge is one of my Crazy January Challenge 2011 kits.  Now that everyone is planning for 2012, I figured that I should hurry up and finish it!  This is an "embellished" cross stitch, where the picture is printed on the fabric, and I make cross stitches, half cross stitches, LOTS of French knots, and outlining in parts of the picture.  It is not a full coverage pattern.  The left side is almost finished.  Next, I will stitch the lamp posts, then do more French knots for flowers on the other side of the stream.  It also uses some metallic floss for accents in the water and the sky.  This is how the full picture looks now:
I am using 14"x17" Q-Snaps so no part of the picture is covered and I won't have to move the fabric (lazy me).  I'm also using a Q-Snap huggie, custom-made by Christine.

Oh, by the way, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  I'm waiting for my mom to give me a ride to the store so I can buy some candy for the trick-or-treaters!  I still don't have a car since my accident last December! :-(

4 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Beautiful! Your Q-Snup huggie looks like a perfect frame.

sharine said...

It is looking very pretty.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That will be very pretty when finished!

mdgtjulie said...

That's gorgeous Debbie. Grats on the progress. How many of your fifteen have you finished so far? I know of one person that's finished her fifteen (don't ask me who though, lol, cause I don't remember!!).