Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bird finished for WOCS, and two new starts!

Bird - finished!
Hurray!  I finished this Bird for World of Charity Stitching!  Everyone used the same free pattern found HERE, and chose their own floss color and also provided fabric for the border.  I found material with blue swirls on it, which was a perfect match!

"Bird"
Designed by Claire Findlay
gazette94
Started 2/6/2012, Finished 2/28/2012
 
Day #58 is Leo, a free design from Stitch Alley.  I am using black floss on red 14 ct Aida, just like the Quoth the Raven design from Day #45.  This will be a gift for my daughter, whose birthday is in August.  I am not sure how I will finish it, but I'm thinking of something that can hang from a doorknob or maybe a little pillow.
 
Day #59 is Merci, another freebie chart from gazette94.  I will also stitch the Thank You design and put them back to back and hang from a ribbon.  Both designs are found HERE.  The fabric is 14 ct Mint Parfait Aida, and I am using pink variegated floss.  This is also for my daughter, who hopes to live and work in Paris some day!
Mr. Mittens update #4
I finished all the checkered squares and started the shoes for Mr. Mittens, for my Monday SAL with Linda.  You can barely tell he's a snowman, since he's covered with clothes!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on the finish, looks wonderful. Love the look of the lion's black on red. I'd never have guessed Mr Mittens was a snowman lol but you are making great progress on him. Is this your last day of starts ?

Lesleyanne said...

A great finish and great new starts.

McKenna C. said...

I love the bird! The lion and Merci are cute too. It's a snowman? I thought it was a clown. Whoops! :)

~McKenna

McKenna C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Congrats on the finish and new starts. Mr. Mittens looks good. I really need to catch up.

Linda

Katie said...

Congrats on the adorable finish!

Your other projects look adorable.

Joysze said...

Oh Debbie, the bird is fabulous!!! :D

Veronica said...

Your projects are so pretty. That bird is lovely. It's in my favourite colour too :)

Hugs,
Veronica.