Monday, December 31, 2012

My cross stitching plans for 2013

Cross stitching plans are more fun to make than New Year's Resolutions (which I never do)!  Tomorrow is a new start for a new year of stitching!  How exciting! Which stitching challenges and SALs have you signed up for in 2013?  Here is my list:

The photos in my side bar are linked to the sign-up pages.

2013 Ornament SAL:  Stitch an ornament each month for any holiday.  Post a picture on your blog on the last Wednesday of the month.  Leave a link to your blog post on the Stitching Lotus blog.

Turtle Trot SAL:  Choose 13 UFOs/WIPs and post progress photos on your blog by the 13th of each month.  Leave a link to your blog post on the BAP-Attack blog.

WIPocalypse 2013:  Make a list of all your WIPs to finish before the apocalypse in 2012 (this didn't happen so the end of the world has been extended indefinitely).  Post progress photos on your blog on the Full Moon of each month.  Leave a link to your blog post on Measi's Musings blog.

TUSAL:  For this Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long, save all your ORTs (old ratty threads) in a jar and post a picture on your blog on the New Moon of each month.  Leave a link to your blog post on Daffycat's blog.

Ultimate Crazy January Challenge:  Start a new project each day for the first 15 days in January or 31 days (for the Ultimate version) and try to complete them during the year.  Sign up on the Crazy January Challenge Yahoo Group or the CrosstitchCrazy2013 Facebook Group.

Halloween House SAL:  Ten of us started stitching Halloween House by Ursula Michael in January 2012 and the plan is to stitch on it every Friday.  Only one person has finished it so far.  I have missed the last 8 Fridays (oops!) but I haven't given up on it yet!

Prairie Schooler SAL:  This is a SAL with Linda and Rosemary of the Spring & Fall and Summer & Winter charts.  There are 12 monthly designs and the plan is to stitch on them every Saturday.  I finished 4 of the 12 months and missed stitching the last 10 Saturdays (oops!) but haven't given up yet!

Santa's 12 Days of Christmas SAL:  This is a SAL with Linda and Kaye of the Prairie Schooler designs for Santa's 12 Days of Christmas.  There are 3 booklets for Days 1-4, Days 5-8, and Days 9-12.  The plan is to stitch on them every Sunday.  I finished 3 of the 12 days and missed stitching the last 10 Sundays (oops!) but haven't given up yet!

Boo! Club SAL:  Linda and I have joined a SAL with Lesleyanne and Angela of the Lizzie Kate Boo! Club series.  Angela is stitching Halloween Rules.  The goal is to finish one design per month and there are 12 designs.

So now I'm off to Joann's to get some floss.  It's on sale for 4 for $1 and I also have a 10% off total purchase coupon (yesterday it was 15% off but I got there too late).

Happy Stitchy New Year, everyone!


7 comments:

sharine said...

Good luck with all your plans. All the best for the new year:)

Meari said...

That's quite the plan! Have fun, and Happy New Year.

Lesleyanne said...

Look forward to seeing your stitching in 2013.

Jennifer M. said...

Those are some ambitious stitching plans missy! LOL Good Luck with all of them. I admit to being one of the guilty stitchers who didn't finish the Halloween House either. My stitching bug came and left too much last year. I didn't have many finishes at all in 2012. I'm going to pick this one up again and attempt to finish it.

Jen

Claire said...

Happy New Year.Goodluck on your stitching goals.x

Faith... said...

You have quite a list there Debbie! I have not heard of some of them but look forward to seeing your progress especially on the Halloween House and the LK Boo!

I am only participating in the WIPocalypse, TUSAL and Hermitting weekends.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Debbie, you are organised - I have one of the Summer/Fall PS charts (at least) - I must dig them up and maybe join your SAL.

hugs, Kaye