Friday, February 1, 2013

Crazy January starts 28-31

Is the Ultimate Crazy month of January over?!  I have started something new every day, and now it's time to stitch, stitch, stitch away for the rest of the year! Lucky for me, I'll get to meet the stitchy ladies of the Southern California Cross Stitchers Yahoo Group on Saturday for a get-together at We, of the Needle, a LNS that has a wonderful stitchy room reserved for us!

Day #28 is Quaker Moon by Bent Creek.  I bought this chart on my last outing with the SoCalCrossStitchers group last October.  Isn't the owl just adorable? I'm stitching over 2 on 28 ct tan linen and the finished size will be about 5.5" square.
Quaker Moon
Day #29 is Orange Poppies by Thea Gouverneur.  This is a wonderful kit!  The chart pages are nice and big and clear.  The floss was presorted on cards with the color symbols.  They do not provide any floss names or numbers, so I could never pass the chart on when I'm done.  I bought this kit from 123Stitch.  It came with a huge piece of fabric, so I'm glad I can roll it up and tuck it into the Q-Snap huggies.  I'm stitching it on 18 ct black Aida and will be 17.7" x 18.5".
Orange Poppies
 


Day #30 is Christmas on the Beach, a Dimensions Gold Collection kit.  I also bought this kit from 123Stitch.  You can find almost everything there!  I'm using the 18 ct white Aida in the kit and it will be 7" x 5".
Christmas on the Beach
Day #31 is Cut Thru' Pirate Ship from Bothy Threads.  This is a restart from 2012.  I had to rip out everything I did, since the fabric was turned the wrong way!  (see previous post here)  Has this ever happened to you?  Sharine asked if it counts as a new start, so I've been thinking about that ever since.  I'm going to consider it a new start effective today!  I am stitching on 18 ct light blue Aida and it will be 12" x 9".
Cut Thru' Pirate Ship
I won the chart, Let's Do Coffee, in a giveaway, so I added it to my UCJC list. The chart is on the way so I'll start it when it gets here.

Have a great stitchy February, everyone!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of great stitching happenning! You're so brave to stitch on black...I simply can't do it anymore. :-(

ricketyjo said...

Wow, great starts :) I look forward to seeing how that poppy one stitches up on black! Congrats on making it through to the end of Jan with so many new starts!

Kat said...

Yay! You made it Debbie. Can't wait to see progress on your lovely projects all year.

Kaisievic said...

Christmas on the beach is so cute - I must keep an eye out for that one!
Some more lovely starts, as usual.

hugs, Kaye

Carrie said...

More great starts! I can't wait to watch your progress on them.

Linda said...

Congrats on making it thru January Debbie. Love all your new starts. Pirate Ship is my favorite. Now maybe we can get something finished.

Linda

Unknown said...

Wow! Not only did you have a new start everyday, some of them are humongous! Goood Luck!

Unknown said...

I always love your stitching choices, seriously - the Quaker Moon is on my must have list -

Pirate Ships looks like it will be a super fun stitch..

sharine said...

Good to see Pirate Ship restarted. Orange poppies on the black is going to look stunning:)

Sue said...

I love the orange Poppies. I've always wanted to do a design on black fabric. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Lesleyanne said...

Great new starts. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Lumiruusu said...

I love poppies ,there are so many different colours and shapes of them.
I will be happy to see your stitching
this very beautifull Poppy- kit from
Thea Gouverneur :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Debbie

Some lovely stitching there!
Happy weekend.

Lisa said...

You have done some great starts. I did a new start for every day of January back in 2011 and did not complete any of them just added to my 100 + UFO's, but I am sure you will be more successful than me :-)

Preeti said...

Great projects Debbie! All the best:)
I have update my turtle trot projects. You may view those at
http://createwittyunleashed.blogspot.in/p/turtle-trot-2013.html?m=0

Angie said...

I love quaker moon

Stress Less said...

You certainly do have a lot of great starts to choose from! That may make things a little difficult - I'd have a hard time choosing what to stitch on because they are all so lovely!