Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Framing finishes and a new start!

I never took a picture of this one in the frame.  This is A Paris Kiss by Vervaco, a kit I bought from The Stitchery catalog years ago.  It was framed by my friend who works at a framing shop, using a frame that I already had and she cut the mats and mounted it for me.  Do you see how the corners are rounded at the top?
A Paris Kiss - framed!
I just got this one back from her, too!  It is the free Hummingbird design by Teresa Wentzler.  I bought this square gold frame at a thrift store for $4.  She cut the mats and mounted it for only $5.
Hummingbird - framed!
Here is another one that she framed for me.  The frame is actually silver metal, but it looks black in this picture.  I love the way she cut the mats!  This is a free design from a French website, Battybat.
Harley-Davidson logo - framed!
My new start is a freebie from Kissy-Cross, Rudolph Wreath.  It will be about 4.5" square on 20 ct Valerie fabric, stitched 2 over 1.  Can you see the gold sparkly thread in the fabric?
Rudolph Wreath
 

One of these days I'm going to get all my little finishes together and actually make them into ornaments using Vonna's tutorials.  Wish me luck!

18 comments:

Bianca said...

Great framing, it's amazing how much of a difference the frame can make. Can't wait to see more of the reindeer.

Vicky L said...

Wow! I LOVE the A Paris Kiss! It's so gorgeous. I found a new Paris kit on Facebook. It is 80 Canadian money. But it is speaking to me but juat don't have the money right now.
Great new start and on opalescent fabric over one! Good luck with it.

Heather said...

Your friend did a really lovely job with the framing. And your stitching looks great, too!

Kate said...

Thanks for the link to Vonna's tutorials - I'm always looking for ways to finish my projects.

Anonymous said...

great framing, lovely new start

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely mounts on those framings - they really finish off your work.

Good new start too

ricketyjo said...

I've been going through all your recent posts, catching up and I wanted to say congrats on all your finishes, they look wonderful!!!

And the new starts also look interesting and challenging! Have fun with them :)

Pat said...

The framing looks great!
Nice new start, thanks for the link to the pattern, I'd love to do this one.

Mii Stitch said...

WOW!!! I love the Kiss in Paris!!! This is beautiful :)

Julie said...

Superb framing, they looks wonderful. The Kiss in Paris is so beautiful - well done.

Linda said...

Your framed pieces are absolutely gorgeous Debbie. I like your new start.

Linda

Justine said...

You and your friend are both so talented! Paris Kiss brings back happy memories for me as we spent our first wedding anniversary in Paris. Love your new start.

Lija Broka said...

Good luck! Love the framed finishes. Especially the first one. I don't know if I mentioned but I bought that chart with a coffee cup you stitched for a friend and then was passing on. So I went for a website which for an extra 40p or so got me a physical chart. A bargain from what I can remember.

Lija Broka said...

Good luck! Love the framed finishes. Especially the first one. I don't know if I mentioned but I bought that chart with a coffee cup you stitched for a friend and then was passing on. So I went for a website which for an extra 40p or so got me a physical chart. A bargain from what I can remember.

Annette-California said...

How lovely and Beautiful your frames samplers look. Love them all:) Great find at the thrift store. I love Vonna's tutorials, they've helped me everytime. love Annette

Unknown said...

omg omg, this kiss you stitched is divine! I was going to take a lifetime no finish one thing like that!

The gold frame is awesome and I can't believe it was 4 bucks!

I spend a lot of money framming my cross stitch...here in brazil is very expensive! The last one I framed was about 60 bucks.

Congrats for your frames!

Shebafudge said...

Love all the framing but the Harley piece looks absolutely amazing!

What a very cute reindeer. Everso sweet :)

Stitching Noni said...

Great framing! They look amazing ;)