Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Crazy January start #7

Day #7 of the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge is Collection, a kit from Designs for the Needle.  I'm making this for my mom and dad.  They're both very experienced "collectors!"  This is on 14 ct antique white Aida with the DMC floss in the kit.  It will be 7" x 5".
Collection
I paired this one up with another funny saying from my WIPocalypse list, The IT Crowd, a freebie chart from Dorkstitch.  It will say, "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"  I started this one last January and only stitched the word "turning" and never touched it again after the first day.  Today I stitched more words.  This will be a gift for my son to decorate his office at work!
The IT Crowd update #1

15 comments:

Brigitte said...

Haha, such a funny saying. Love it!

Justine said...

Both great sayings! You got a lot done on your son's piece. I really like the one for your mom and dad. When I first saw it on your CJC page I thought you would stitch it for yourself for your stash "collection"!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Both of these are really cute and I dearly love the sayings. You are making great progress on these.

I love your Q Snap Huggies....

I may have to order some from her. Thanks for the link for that.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

HAHA! On the "It's a Collection" :)
Doing great on your starts and wips!

Katie said...

Another wonderful pairing. Two great sayings.

Preeti said...

Both are interesting sayings!! My favourite is 'collection'. Even applicable for our collection -- the stash..isn't it?

gracie said...

Two great gifts...

Monique said...

Both are very amusing saying... love them.

Keebles said...

I absolutely LOVE the IT Crowd and may have the same stitch chart you do! I keep meaning to do it for the office, I just haven't yet.

I can't even imagine having 31 new projects going at once! What a challenge!

Julie said...

My husband collects junk, he says it might come in hand one day.....that day will never come!

Christiane Garcia said...

I love your starts. Specially the first, it´s very funny.
:)

Christiane Garcia said...

I forgot to say that I brought my blog back to Blogger. When you can come visit me.

pontocruzdachris.blogspot.com.br

Linda said...

Cute new start Debbie. You got a lot done on the It crowd.

Linda

Basia said...

You got a lot done, the IT Crowd one is almost finished now

Miamina said...

I love these! My Hubby wants me to stitch the IT crowd one for his office at work (he's an IT engineer), I keep meaning to do it but always forget about it. Hopefully seeing your progress might spur me on!